PICSI is a new method for the selection of mature sperm with better morphology, low chromosomal abnormalities and significantly better fertilization capacity.
Mature sperm bind to hyaluronic acid via specific receptors located on the membrane. These contacted sperm lose their progressive mobility, although their tails make frequent active oscillations. Immature sperm do not bind to the surface of hyaluronic acid micro droplets and continue to move freely.
PICSI method is a new breakthrough in the treatment of infertility through the use of ART.
Indications for PICSI:
- Low level of fertilization after ICSI
- Decrease in the HBA score
- The sperm count is below normal
- Poor development of embryos in previous cycles
- Frequent miscarriages in couples undergoing treatment
- The age of the woman is over 35 years