In vitro fertilization in Lviv – there is Alternative!
The most effective method of infertility treatment today can definitely be called in vitro fertilization (IVF). T he essence of IVF is that a woman’s egg is fertilized by the sperm of a partner outside the her body, “in a test tube.” Then, in the laboratory, the initial stages of embryo development are monitored, after that the embryo is transferred to the uterine cavity.
IVF is used to treat all forms of infertility, except when a woman has anatomically altered uterine shape.
Whether or not a woman becomes pregnant by this method is also influenced by her age. In the age group of 20-25 years, the percentage of efficiency may exceed 50%, while in 40 years it decreases to 20%.
Infertility treatment by in vitro fertilization is done on an outpatient basis, but requires discipline and punctuality from the patient. That is why, before starting the IVF program you should plan to visit the clinic 4-5 times during stimulation (within 2-4 weeks) and undergo egg retrieval procedure and embryo transfer within the designated days .
The presence of a husband is necessary at first for the preliminary examination and then for collecting of semen on the day of follicular puncture.
Indications for IVF treatment
- absence of the fallopian tubes
- obstruction of the fallopian tubes
- expressed adhesions of the pelvic organs
- impaired follicle growth and ovulation
- follicle luteinization syndrome
- repeated unsuccessful attempts at intrauterine insemination
- repeated unsuccessful attempts to stimulate folliculogenesis
- infertility associated with age (after 36 years) and premature ovarian failure
- infertility, which cannot be treated by other methods
- infertility of unknown origin
- diseases requiring pre-implantation genetic diagnostics to eliminate the likelihood of having a child with hereditary pathology
- obstructive azoospermia
- erectile dysfunction
- retrograde ejaculation
- anatomical defects of the penis (hypospadias, epispadias)
- immunological factors (autoantibodies and agglutination of sperm)
Our clinic in Lviv is one of the leading in the field of infertility treatment, including in vitro fertilization. When performing ART, our reproductologists use an individual approach to each patient and offer several different treatment programs.